Hoarding is a complex mental health disorder that makes it difficult for a person to discard or part with possessions, regardless of actual value.
A home affected by hoarding can be dangerous, unhealthy or both—and dramatic action is required to address the problem and help the customer get on the road to recovery. ServiceMaster Restore® has developed a successful clean up services program that uses a proven process to help resolve hoarding situations, large or small.
A professional and understanding approach
Cleaning the home of a hoarder is a difficult task that requires effective planning, detailed execution and the right equipment. Our professionals apply their expertise to ensure proper debris removal, biohazard disposal, content cleaning for salvageable items and general cleaning, sanitizing and deodorizing services. In many cases, due to the level of contamination in a hoarding environment, our highly trained technicians must utilize protective gear to avoid infection. Not only does a hoarding situation require experts who can navigate the issues, but also people who treat each client with compassion and respect.
Count on the experts at ServiceMaster Restore to:
- Remove clutter and clean up debris
- Help locate lost jewelry, hidden money and/or other valuable items
- Coordinate recycling and shredding
- Help distribute donations
- Assist in distributing kept items to family members (local and national)
- Help facilitate paperwork required by local governments or agencies